Update: A selection of amazing photo submissions to the iPad Photography Contest.
October 19-29, 2012
We’ve been amazed at the quality of photographs being submitted to the ProCamera iPad Photography Contest.
Here are a few of the awesome entries so far:
The End of Summer by Jamichael Frazier
Journey of the Gods by Avijit Roy
Fog by Shishir Desai
Urbanisation by Shaikh Mohir Uddin
Fall Leaves by Serge LHeureux
Colours are Almost Gone by Greg Dominguez
Remember you still have 3 days left to submit your images either by using the form below or by tagging your iPad photos with #procamerahdipad on Instagram!
Oh and if you haven’t downloaded it yet, ProCamera is currently discounted to $0.99.
Click here to head over to the App Store.
Night Photography Contest to celebrate new ProCamera ISO Boost for iPhone 5!
October 25-November 4, 2012
We’re very excited to announce a Night Photography Contest to celebrate the launch of the new iPhone 5 ISO Boost mode in the recently updated ProCamera 3.8.
The ISO Boost gives the iPhone 5 great night-time shooting capabilities, as shown in the example below.
For the contest, we want to see your best shots taken after dark. It could be the lights of the big city, a landscape bathed in moonlight or a great party photo!
The contest starts Thursday 25th October and runs for 10 days, ending Sunday 4th November.
In support of the contest, starting tomorrow (25 October), we will be dropping the price of ProCamera 3.8 down to $0.99 for a limited time!
While the ISO Boost mode is only available on the iPhone 5 we encourage all iPhone users to participate in the contest and submit their night shots. The contest is worldwide.
A selection of our favourite pictures will be showcased throughout the week on our official blog and Instagram account (@ProCamera_app). The winning photos will be announced on Wednesday 7th November.
There are three awesome prizes on offer:
1. The winning photographer will receive a Manfrotto KLYP LED Case, Light and mini-tripod (iPhone 4/4s). The KLYP gives you complete control over how you light your night shots, great for portraiture, parties and events.
2. The runner-up will receive an awesome kit including a Quad-Lock iPhone Case, Universal Mount and Tripod Adapter to help you take better night shots, such as panoramas and group shots (with the ProCamera self-timer).
3. The third place photographer will receive a copy of Digital Photography School’s iPhone Photography: How to Shoot, Edit and Share Great Photographs. The book includes a whole section on taking great shots at night.
You can enter the competition in three ways:
1. Use the form below to upload your photo
2. Tag your photo #procamera_night on Instagram.
3. Add a link to your photo in the Disqus comments below.
We look forward to seeing your night shots!
Photos must be taken with the ProCamera App. All iPhone versions are accepted.
Maximum one photo per entry. For example, only your first photo tagged with #procamera_night will be considered.
The winning photos will be selected by the ProCamera team.
Entrants agree that any work submitted is their own creation and complies with standard copyright and fair-use law. ProCamera is not responsible for any copyright infringements, these are the responsibility of the entrant.
Entrants retain full rights to any work submitted but allows ProCamera the limited use of entries for publicity on ProCamera websites, newsletter and associated ProCamera social networks (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
If an image is chosen for promotion, credit will always be given to the artist. Artists will be contacted for further permissions in the event that an image is considered for additional promotion.
iPad Photography Contest
October 19-29, 2012
Earlier this year, we released ProCamera HD, the first iPad app to take photography seriously by providing photographers with a range of advanced shooting options including exposure and focus adjustment, digital zoom, burst mode and an adjustable shutter button (SnapTrigger).
Recently, Camera+ and Camera Awesome followed our lead, also releasing iPad photography apps.
Using an iPad to take photos is relatively new, but just like the early days of iPhoneography, we can see that the iPad photography boom is coming.
To celebrate this new revolution in iPad photography, ProCamera is excited to announce our iPad Photography Contest. The submission period opens this Friday the 19th October and runs for ten days.
We want to see how far photographers can push the emerging field of iPad Photography! We’re also dropping the price of ProCamera HD from $4.99 to $0.99 for those that want to try the app and join the contest. You can download the app here.
We’d also love to know what features you’d like us to add to ProCamera HD.
How to enter:
You can submit your photos in the following ways:
1. Tag your photo with #procameraHDipad on Instagram
2. Use the form below to upload your photo.
1) Submission period: From Oct. 19 to Oct. 29, 2012
2) Judge voting period: Oct. 29 2012 to Oct. 31, 2012
3) Winners announcement: Nov. 2, 2012
The grand prize winner for best photograph will receive an iPad mini!
The second to tenth best photos will win a $25 iTunes card.
1) Submissions are limited to still images taken with ProCamera HD on the iPad.
2) Entrant agrees that any work submitted is of his/her own creation and complies with standard copyright and fair-use law. ProCamera is not responsible for any copyright infringement; these are the responsibility of the entrant.
3) Entrant retains full rights to any work submitted to this contest, but allows ProCamera to use the photos for general promotion. Credits will be given.
Jens Daemgen - Creator and lead developer of ProCamera
Misho Baranovic - ProCamera blog manager and mobile photographer
Michael Probst-Stuckmann – Developer and photographer